Drawing and Painting Tools
Eraser - paints with the background
Pencil - paints pixel by pixel; a "Fat Pencil" option
ensures a line which can be Wand selected (or block a Fill) .
Airbrush - customizable. Double clicking the airbrush
tool brings up a dialog box to allow the user to create the settings
for the airbrush tool. The user can specify the width and heighth
of the airbrush and the droplet size. A fixed flow rate can be specified,or
for users who have pressure sensitive drawing tablets, a pressure
flow rate can be specified. The airbrush can be aligned to a grid,
and it is possible to paint with a solid color, a brush pattern, a
specified mix of the foreground and background colors, or with a gradient.
Paint Brush - also customizable.
- Brush Shapes:
- Screen - 16x16
- Oval - user specifies width and height up to 64
- Rectangle - user specifies width and height up
to 64 x 64
- Custom - user specified shape, up to
64 x 64
- Stamp brush size is unlimited
- Brush Types:
- Solid Color
- 8 x 8 pattern - The user can select from the 256
8 x 8 patterns that JacqCAD MASTER®
- Tiled - based on a rectangular selection in the image. Can
be used to easily create repeat designs or complex borders.
- Weave - The user can select a weave from a weave
library or a customized weave.
- Stamp - based on a selection in the image
- Substitution - The user can change a color, or
group of colors, to another color while painting an area.
- Selection - The user can create a selection by
painting an area in the image.
The 6 larger blocks of color under the foreground and background colors
represent 6 easily accessible brushes that can be customized by double
clicking. If the paint brush is in use, the user can change from one
paint brush to another by simply clicking in the tool palette.
Text Tool - The user can select the font, point size,
and line spacing of the text, as well as choose a style of bold, italic,
outline, underline, or shadow, and a text alignment of left, right
Paint Bucket - The user can fill an area with a solid
color or a pattern.
Eyedropper - The user can select a color from the
image or from the color swatches in the tool palette.
Line tool - draws straight lines; thickness is set